Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Frances Chapman - Medicine For the Mind

Our last show in our past location was by one of our founding members Frances Chapman. The show opeing was sunday, July 16, noon to 3pm. The show ran from July 14 - July 28, 2017. "Medicine for the Mind" paintings by Frances Chapman.

Artist Statement by France Chapman: 
Nature has a healing quality for me. Being outdoors in green spaces or even white spaces, like snow and ice, gives me peace. I could describe the many hikes I’ve taken through the years; however, it is the experience that stays with me. All of these paintings recall those memories – guided group hikes that challenged me, or day hikes with my friends – summer and winter. Kananaskis mountains, or into the parks west of here, or the foothills close to Calgary, all are beautiful no matter what day or season, so I say, just go, it is medicine for the mind.

Helen Lake Trail

No comments:

Post a Comment